Saturday, July 14, 2018

Greetings from Auckland!

Tired but joyful greetings from Auckland, NZ! I officially arrived in New Zealand after a 24 hour trip from the time I woke to go to the airport to finally getting into a hotel and crashing for the night. I am a day ahead but 5 hours behind you. So if I wake up tomorrow at 6 am on Sunday, it will be 11 am Saturday pacific nw time!
   Today I went with the family I traveled with up north two hours to explore a farmers market and waterfall. It was sunny when we left but the trip turned into a downpour! Still it was exciting to see the landscape which is surprisingly very much jungle type. I tried to put photos on here but they turned out super large on this I-phone I’m writing on. When I get to Capernwray on Monday, I’ll be getting my computer out and then hopefully I’ll post some photos:)
   Tomorrow we head over to Hobbiton which is half an hour away from Capernwray and then we are going to a traditional Maori dinner!
   Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Missionary of Peace

Traveling right now seems like such a dream. What we took for granted can be taken away so quickly. Recently, I looked up travel guidelines ...