Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Whole Month Away

I just finished my second Bible study! I'm going to be presenting it for 45 minutes this Thursday. I got to choose what passage I wanted and I chose Hebrews 12:1-4. It's 6 pages long and made up of 2,568 words all from my brain (besides the Bible passages)! It was a very interesting study and I enjoyed most aspects of it.
This week, we went over an overview of the entire Bible, mostly Old Testament. It was extremely interesting as well. I'd done a study like it before on my own last year but it's not the same as someone teaching and explaining. Our teacher, Dale, had been a metal rock star in his former years. He had long blonde hair in his old pictures - in fact he pointed out in class that his hair was as long as mine. That's long!
As for social life, I've been going out with so many different people to different restaurants and fast food places this week! It's been good to talk with people and laugh. I tried out cross country for the first time and ran 4K. I tried out soccer for the first time since I was 4 and loved? it. I sat on Emily's lap riding to ice cream because there was 6 people for a 5 seater car and I was the smallest. I went star gazing with 8 other girls at the beach and spotted Saturn, Mars, and Venus and saw two falling stars. I've done a lot of firsts this week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Avonlea! It's so fun to read your posts and "follow" you. It looks like you're having a great time and learning a lot! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Avonlea! It is neat that we are both experiencing different countries right now. :)

    I will pray for you on Thursday when you present your Bible study. It sounds like you have been busy and that that has been a good thing. I'm glad you have met great people to hang out with.

    So good to hear what's going on with you.

    Hailey

    ReplyDelete

A Missionary of Peace

Traveling right now seems like such a dream. What we took for granted can be taken away so quickly. Recently, I looked up travel guidelines ...