Monday, March 2, 2020

A Duck's Worst Nightmare

Yup those are teeth. Found in my backyard. So interesting!

Practicing for another upcoming wedding!

Here's just some pictures of my life when I'm not working. And of course the duck murder mystery later on. Enjoy:)


Archie.

On a walk. Lewisville Park.


What a Dad to take his daughter up sledding when she's been asking all winter.

Sledding through a tunnel gives a surge of adrenaline with the possibility you could get stuck!


Baby ducks
Why did we get baby ducks when we already have 6 ducks? Well what happened was everyone went to the beach except me. I had to work the few days my family was gone. In the morning, my grandma let the ducks out of their cage to discover one had been mutilated and killed. Two others had gaping wounds on the back of their heads. She's like, "Call Mom and Dad!" And I'm thinking, oh no that would ruin their vacation. So I told her no. The next morning, Grandma goes to the cage again and again there's a dead duck. Now she's like really, "CALL MOM AND DAD!!!" And I'm still like, "Yea???" Then, "Ok suuuure...before you lose your voice." My family came back home that day, thankfully for Grandma's sanity, and we turned over the wooden pen. We had guessed a raccoon or opossum but no one was prepared for what shot out of the abyss. A dark musky smelling mink sped through the grass into the woods. Rowan had his gun ready and took some shots but it was too fast. From the looks of things, it looked like the mink had just taken up residency during the time the family was gone. Gave Grandma and I a nice little murder mystery to work on. Anyway, seeing how we were short two ducks, we got four more. Two extra just in case the mink comes back.....

But don't worry, we got them a new shelter so the mink won't ever be able to come from under their cage and drag them to a morbid death. Also Grandma will be happy.


The shadow of Pearl and I.


Mom, Grant, and Shasta on a walk.


Above is a picture of a Venetian themed tea that we are doing at the tea house I work at! The owner hand painted all these masks and is selling them at Sweet Peas Tea Room. She is so creative!

Well there's my randomness for the day. Now I'm going to practice my piano, harp, and art...bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Missionary of Peace

Traveling right now seems like such a dream. What we took for granted can be taken away so quickly. Recently, I looked up travel guidelines ...