Saturday, August 18, 2018

Mow, unicycling, and gluten

This week, I presented my Bible study! It went well and I felt confident. You get feedback from it, both things to work on and things you did well on. There's another Bible study due on Friday of this week. That will make the third that I will have done. 

A couple of us girls went to a kiwi house on Friday night for some games with university students. We taught them the game of Mow in which the only rule is to not discuss the rules. You have to figure out the game as it goes along. Every round, the winner adds a new rule but no one knows it until you penalize them for something and then you have to figure it out. In the game of Mow, you hear a lot of, "penalty for discussing the rules", "penalty for incorrect card", "penalty for not saying who's there", etc. It's really frustrating if you can't figure out what you're doing wrong! 

This week, I learned how to unicycle! At least...I'm trying. Which means you'll find me pedaling while holding on to the fence with one hand...so technically I'm learning one-handed unicycling right now! 

So I found out everything in NZ seems to have gluten in it that doesn't in America! The cocoa puffs I've been eating for breakfast for about a month have gluten in them! I stopped right away, don't worry. Also, all hot dogs, marshmallows, and most chips have wheat/gluten in them. Weird, eh? (The "eh" is Canadian). Even the Doritos here have gluten in them (jaw dropper!). Since I'm gluten free, I've had to be really careful!

Friendly Resident Cat
I got taught poker and proceeded to win out of the 5 of us that started. I had a way bigger stack at the end. I had not idea what I was doing by the way. It was all chance and a bit of prayer.
Tomorrow is quiet day in which there are no lectures or talking until dinner. We just spend time with God and have a day to think about what we've learned and grown in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Missionary of Peace

Traveling right now seems like such a dream. What we took for granted can be taken away so quickly. Recently, I looked up travel guidelines ...